Colorado Springs Citizens for Community Rights
We are a grassroots movement of community members who are standing up for our rights to clean air, water, and land
Colorado Springs Citizens for Community Rights (CSCCR) is a group formed to protect our rights to be healthy and have clean air, water and soil. Our Mission is to:
- Educate our city about oil & gas drilling and hydraulic fracturing (fracking);
- Work with local, state and federal governments to ensure comprehensive oil & gas drilling and hydraulic fracturing regulations;
- Place a rights-based charter amendment on the ballot in Colorado Springs banning hydraulic fracturing.
Short Term Strategies:
- Short Term Strategies:
- The CSCCR rights based charter amendment petition will be presented to the Colorado Springs City Clerk Tuesday March 5, 2012. We should have the petition certified and ready to circulate for signatures by April or May so that this proposed amendment will be on the ballot this fall.
March 12, Right to Say NO! RallyNoon to 1, Colorado. Springs City HallN. Nevada at KiowaStay for Council Mtg. and Vote
- These schedules could change based on City Council direction.
- See our Get Involved tab for how you can help
Long Term Strategy:
- Following in the footsteps of Longmont, CO, we are planning on placing a rights-based charter amendment on the ballot in Colorado Springs banning hydraulic fracturing.
The best Colorado based fracking video ever – by Growthbusters http://www.growthbusters.org: